Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Topics related to Questions category.

TOPIC: QuestionS (category) page customizing

QuestionS (category) page customizing 1 year 4 months ago #212

• sgsz
  • Fresh Boarder
English is not my first language, so excuse me for any errors. Could you help me please? How can I make:

1. Answers displayed on questions page (category page) listed below each question?
2. All other answers to some question removed from mysql base automatically after the best answer to this question is selected? (bearing in mind the point 1)
3. General list of tags displayed in category page to sort questions that have a certain tag?

Which lines and in which files can I change? Thanks!
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by sgsz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

QuestionS (category) page customizing 1 year 4 months ago #213

• sweta
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
1. Under Component options You need to give appropriate permission for guests / registered users to view answers. Once you do that answers will be displayed below questions.
2.At present other answers wont be removed but the best answer will be at top and rest answers below it.(May be in future we can keep an option for that).
3.Tag List page is under construction. In the next version you can see that. Next version is going to be released soon.
Regards
Sweta
If you are satisfied with support and our component than vote for us following this link extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communi...tion-a-answers/22307

QuestionS (category) page customizing 1 year 4 months ago #214

• sgsz
  • Fresh Boarder
1. The appropriate permissions are already set by default and the answers display below question, but on the page of single question (views/question). I need to display list of answers below each question on category page, where all questions of category are displayed (views/questionS). What code do I need to add in questionS view or model?

In models/questions.php there is a line 172 $viewanswers = 0. I changed it to 1 and removed lines 180-182 i.e. if ($user->authorise("question.viewanswers" … but the answers still not displayed.

QuestionS (category) page customizing 1 year 4 months ago #215

• admin
  • Administrator
Dear sgsz,
We are extremely sorry but what you are asking for needs lot of changes not only in one file but at several places. I don't think even in paid component they have this option but yes that can be made. Only thing we lack here is time and I suggest you to wait for some time so that we can add all your suggestions in the next version.
Thanks
Admin
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Latest Topics

Members Login

Who's Online

We have 9 guests and no members online